Saturday, May 19, 2007

A Latvian race for user-generated mobile content?

Just a short note before I fly off to the States: Amigo, the virtual operator using Latvian Mobite Telephone's (LMT) network, has launched a feature that pays users for their multimedia content (MMS images, video, ringtones, etc.) Payment is up to LVL 0.20 per item downloaded (presumably as Amigo pre-paid credit for use when calling). Launched amid some fanfare, the Amigo service pays more than a similar user-generated deal on Bite (which pays only up to LVL 0.04 per download). Apparently, both services believe that a critical mass of multimedia capable phones has appeared among Latvia's nearly 2 million mobile phone users (including large numbers of pre-paids). The Bite offer has not been widely publicized.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello, Juris!
Can you help me - I try to analyse Latvian telecom market and I cant find information about number of subscribers and ARPU for Bite Latvija, Tele2 and LMT. There is no fresh information. Can you help me with this information? Many many thanks!
Best regards,
Andrew
if you can, send me please email on acalashnicov@gmail.com